NWTMTA Mission Statement
The mission of the Northwest Territories Massage Therapists Association (NWTMTA) is to foster and advance the art, science and philosophy of massage therapy in a professional, ethical and practical manner for the betterment of health care in the Northwest Territories.
NORTHWEST TERRITORIES MASSAGE THERAPISTS ASSOCIATION
GOALS AND OBJECTIVE
A. TO PROMOTE MASSAGE THERAPY AS A RECOGNIZED AND RESPECTED COMPONENT OF THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES.
1. To promote massage therapy in hospitals, health fairs, community groups, etc.
2. To provide ongoing advertising and public relations work to increase public awareness and knowledge of the benefits of massage therapy. e.g. Newspaper articles, pamphlets, etc.
3. To encourage and develop multidisciplinary relationships in the health care community
4. To represent its (NWTMTA) membership before government and regulating bodies concerned with massage therapy.
5. To lobby and negotiate with WCB and the GNWT on behalf of all RMTs in the NWT.
6. To act on issues that affect all RMTs in the NWT. e.g. insurance issues, legislative changes etc.
B. TO ENSURE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN PROVIDING MASSAGE THERAPY TO THE PUBLIC IN THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES.
1. To encourage high standards of professionalism and ethics in its (NWTMTA) members.
2. To provide post-graduate opportunities to its members.
3. To be responsible for the public image of RMTs in the NWT.
4. To organize and facilitate annual and general meetings of its membership.